What We Do & Why
Colorado Community Health Alliance (CCHA) is a contractor with Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program). We administer physical and behavioral health benefits for approximately 330,000 members enrolled in the Health First Colorado Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC). CCHA works as a team with primary care and behavioral health providers to help ensure members receive the care they need and providers have the support they need to be successful in serving our members. We also help connect members with other services in the community to address all aspects of their health and well-being.
As the designated Health First Colorado contractor for Region 6 since 2011, CCHA offers a history of strong performance outcomes, a large, established provider network, and dedication to reinvestment and collaboration in the community and the health neighborhood. With our proven record of accomplishments, the state of Colorado selected CCHA as the contractor for both Region 6 and Region 7 starting July 2018. These regions encompass the following counties: Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, El Paso, Gilpin, Jefferson, Park and Teller.
CCHA continues to grow and maintain a diverse network of primary care and behavioral health providers who are committed to delivering integrated, coordinated care for ACC members. We also promote collaborative relationships among the health neighborhood, bringing together the full spectrum of providers, community services and supports.
Our overall goal is to support a coordinated, patient-centered model of care to better serve the needs of the Health First Colorado population, improve health and life outcomes, and optimize resources in an effort to avoid duplication of services and reduce the costs of care.
Key features of our service model include:
- Promoting integration of physical and behavioral health care that includes integrated programs and care coordination plans
- Identifying early signs of mental health and substance use disorders and improving access to services
- Connecting members with resources for non-medical needs that impact their health
- Educating and empowering members to take an active role in managing their health
- Supporting providers with a range of services, tools and payment opportunities to help them achieve performance targets and provide quality care to members